Energy Efficient Homes from JR Homes
JR Homes is committed to not only build you your dream home but also make it affordable. Thats why JR Homes is committed to building houses that meet Georgia Powers Earth Cents program. Our new construction homes are built with utility savings in mind. An Earth Cents built home will save you money every month. Below is some more detailed information for you for those interested in looking at two bedroom townhomes.
EarthCents® is Georgia Power’s portfolio of energy efficiency programs created to help our customers save money, use energy efficiently and help the environment. EarthCents programs encourage customers to learn more about energy efficiency and provide them the tools to make efficiency improvements. New home buyers in Georgia should consider all the benefits of an EarthCents new home. These 55 plus communities offer built-in quality and comfort, and are more efficient than homes built to standard building codes, helping the homeowner save money and energy. An EarthCents new home has been tested utilizing the national standard HERS (Home Energy Rating System) protocol, meaning your new home will be substantially more efficient than a standard home. An EarthCents new home performs better for the homeowner and the environment thanks to a variety of energy-efficient features.
Effective Insulation – Properly installed insulation in floors, walls and attics ensure even temperatures throughout the house, while using less energy.
High-Performance Windows – Windows with advanced coatings and construction help keep heat in during winter and out during summer and block ultraviolet sunlight.
Tight Construction and Tight Ducts – A more tightly sealed home improves comfort and indoor air quality, while lowering utility and maintenance costs.
More Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment – Energy-efficient, properly installed heating and cooling systems use less energy and save you money. You could also get help from professionals like the ones from https://www.accurateelectricplumbingheatingandair.com/heating/.
Independent Testing – You can enjoy peace of mind knowing your new home has been independently certified, verifying the energy performance of your home.
- Lower Ownership Cost – Energy-efficient custom homes use less energy – delivering $200 to $400 in annual savings on energy bills. Over the next seven to eight years, this adds up to thousands of dollars saved on utility bills.
- Better Performance – Properly installed energy-efficient improvements deliver better protection against cold, heat, drafts, moisture, pollution, and noise. Energy-efficient homes help ensure consistent temperatures between and across rooms, improved indoor air quality and greater durability.
- Smart Investment – By choosing an EarthCents new home, you can be confident that it will have an increasingly valued feature when the time comes to sell.
- Home Qualification Guidelines:
– Home meets HERS testing protocol and is rated by a RESNET-certified home energy rater.
– New home is served by Georgia Power.
– All the home’s heating and water heating systems are all-electric.
- For program details, call Georgia Power – The Energy Expert® at 1-800-524-2421, ext. 800, or visit us at www.georgiapower.com/newhome.